Friday, December 21, 2018

Rest, Reflect, Recharge Refocus and Repeat.

As 2018 draws to a close I find myself thinking how the year seems to be flying by. It seems like only yesterday that I was in my office, sun shining outside, reviewing year end reports and taking stock of all that was accomplished during the past school year as our team set our sights on next steps on our quest to meet the needs of the students our community entrusts us with. As we worked to establish district, building, and individual goals, we looked forward with anticipation to the year to come.

Fast forward to now, the end of December, our school year now four months old. Following our winter break, we will return in January to the halfway point of our school year journey. A time for reviewing progress towards goals set. A time for celebrating goals accomplished and for refocusing where needed.

Now however is the time to take a much needed break, and to take time to reconnect with family and friends.

A time to:
  • Rest 
  • Reflect 
  • Recharge 
  • and Refocus 







As educators, we will naturally find ourselves reflecting on progress up to this point, as well as what is yet to be done. While doing this, remind yourself to focus on self-care during this break. Doing so will allow you to come back refreshed as well as refocused; ready to serve your students and colleagues well.

I know I am excited to step back, enjoy some dedicated time with the family I cherish, and to return reenergized in 2019. 

Rest, Reflect, Recharge Refocus and Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019, the year of Service

Welcome to 2019.  As I write this, I am amazed at how quickly my past 21 years as an educator have gone. During this time, I have been ...