Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019, the year of Service




Welcome to 2019. 

As I write this, I am amazed at how quickly my past 21 years as an educator have gone. During this time, I have been fortunate to work alongside many amazing educators in service to students.

There are many rituals individuals carry out as we turn the calendar from one year to the next. From making resolutions for the new year, choosing to start eating better, or to begin beginning an exercise regimen, the list goes on... 

For me, the past few years have included participation in the #oneword movement. The short version of #oneword is through purposeful reflection, individuals arrive at one word that is selected to help guide them throughout the year to come.

As 2018 drew to a close, my one word for 2019 became very clear to me, and to be upfront, it came as a bit of a surprise that it had not come up sooner. My #oneword2019 is... Service.
  • Service to family.
  • Service to community.
  • Service to my profession.
  • Service to friends, new and old.
  • Service to staff, past, present, and future.
  • Service to students, those I’ve met, and those of future years.
  • Service to colleagues, the ones I have, and the ones I will meet in years to come.
So, I invited you to join me as I embark on 2019, and as I embrace my #oneword2019

Service

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019, the year of Service

Welcome to 2019.  As I write this, I am amazed at how quickly my past 21 years as an educator have gone. During this time, I have been ...